Ok, so it's been a few weeks since I hooked up with Jennifer at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for Thursday Thoughts. But we've been traveling, and dealing with the end of the school year, and... yeah, I have the memory of a goldfish at the best of times, so things don't always get done. However, I only claim to be magical, not perfect! With that being said... here's what's on my mind today:
- It. Is. HOT. High of 97? Yikes! Thankfully there will be a storm later on today, which will cool things off to the high 80s next week (heh. "cool". not so much.). However, this is the price we pay for not having bad winters! And I am totally ok with that! We've got water, fans, and A/C when it gets too bad. Of course, talk to me in August when we've had several days straight at over 100 degrees, and it may be a different story.
- I am going to have to buy a bunch of stuff crafting stuff soon. I'm trying to keep the boys away from the TV this summer, and I can only let them play outside in 90+ heat for so long before they turn into sweaty, beet-red monsters! I'm loving Pinterest for ideas on how to keep Dragon and Knight entertained, and I may be busting out this one today:
|Image Source. Also, not my kid ;)|
- I made Jello molds with my kids for the first time a few nights ago, and I cannot emphasize enough, READ THE DIRECTIONS FIRST! I thought I had it all down... but apparently you're supposed to spray the molds with cooking spray first? And then set the tray in warm water for a few seconds before tipping them out? Yeah... sorry kiddos for the headless giraffe and half-a-monkey that were all that came out. We'll get it next time.
- We live pretty far away from family, and I always forget how amazing my family (and in-laws!) are at taking my kids for a few minutes when we're home. I swear, I didn't see Knight for more than 3 seconds at a time for the whole visit! Poor Dragon decided to by shy, and cling to me the whole time (gaaaah!), but I'm hoping when we go home for a longer visit, he starts warming up to everyone and I can have a few minutes to myself every once in awhile (that's all I'm asking, kiddo!)
- And that's about it for my thoughts today! Sorry, road trips take it out of me for about a week after we get home. Am I getting old? *sigh*
What's on your mind today?