Yup, rollin' up late to the party this week! Hopefully Ramblings of a Suburban Mom will forgive me. So far, it's been much easier for me to post these "here's what's on my mind" posts than actual reviews, so please bear with me until I can get some time to write some reviews! Here's what's on my mind today.
- I'm so incredibly happy that my hubby is home! It has made life much easier... and much more difficult, as strange as that sounds. I totally got used to doing everything my way, having a set schedule, and having TOTAL CONTROL of the remote! Needless to say, I have forgotten the fine art of compromise. I'm working on it, though.
- My hubby dressed the kids for school this morning. It was awesome, because it meant we actually got to leave on time this morning! However, Knight ended up in Dragon's jeans (honest mistake, they have the same size waist, but the 4T's end up a bit short on Knight. He wears 5T's with the adjustable waist pulled alllll the way in!). Also, he somehow stuffed Dragon into a 2T longsleeve tshirt! It almost took a shoehorn to get him out of it tonight. Then he layered a striped polo shirt over it and added camo pants. Ladies, I'm thinking of making a "Daddy Dressed Me Today!" button that we can throw on them as they go out the door for the days you want to make sure their teacher's aren't like "Did so-and-so's mom go colorblind overnight?" I'll make millions! (And I started to say something, then I stopped, smiled, and thanked him for getting the kids dressed. Compromise.)
- Had a total nerd moment today. I was making tea, and after I poured the hot water into the teapot, I accidentally set the kettle down on a paper towel. I mentally flipped out for a second - thinking I was going to set the house on fire - then I remembered: Water boils at 212 degrees F, but paper doesn't ignite until Fahrenheit 451! Thank you, Ray Bradbury. So I didn't set the house on fire, and I know why! Because SCIENCE. Yay me!
- I've gotten the Belvita Biscuits twice in sub boxes this month (Influenster VoxBox and March Goodies). They're yummy, but they are SO DRY. Seriously, these are only an acceptable breakfast item if you remember to grab a gallon of water with 'em on your way out the door.
- There is something wrong with our car. AGAIN. Thankfully, the house is still standing, and nothing's broken there (knock on wood) but if I can have just one month without some sort of repair bill, I'll be so happy. I've been having something fixed at least once a month since November.
- It's raining, so I plan on having an excellent night's sleep! Somehow, rain is the best thing for getting me to sleep and not waking up 5x a night.
Those are my Thursday Thoughts! How are things in your neck of the woods?