Monday, January 7, 2013

Sunday Savings

You all know that I'm a bargain hunter.  I live for Kohl's sales racks, I've been known to use (a lot of) coupons, and the sound of my brakes can be heard for miles when I spot a yard sale. So when Toys 'R' Us sent me my Rewards Dollars for some purchases made before Christmas (and yes, I totally used a Groupon they offered to buy the boys' Christmas stuff) I thought hey, why not? Free money.  No minimum purchase, just $10 to use however I wanted.  So yesterday I promised the boys a new toy for each of them, wandered in, and....

HOLY 90% OFF CHRISTMAS STUFF, BATMAN!

Wrapping paper! And ornaments! Prelit indoor/outdoor Christmas trees!  Well, you know what I did. I stocked up.  Here's what I got:




- 160 sq feet ornament wrapping paper, was $5.99, sale $0.60
- 90 sq feet snowman wrapping paper, was $3.99, sale $0.40
- 90 sq feet Santa/trees wrapping paper, was $3.99, sale $0.40
- 90 sq feet trees wrapping paper, was $3.99, sale $0.40
- Snowman stuffed doll, was $8.99, sale $0.90
- Penguin stuffed doll, was $8.99, sale $0.90
- 4 ft. prelit indoor/out door tree in white, was $29.98, sale $3.00
- Belle ornament, was $6.99, sale $0.70

And yes, the boys did still get a toy! Alas, I could not convince them that a forty-cent roll of wrapping paper was totally the "It Toy" this season.  Darn.  I did make them pick from the clearance aisle, as there was plenty to choose from.  Dragon got a Dinosaur Train weighing station (on clearance for $4.98), and Knight picked a Pokeball with Pikachu (on clearance for $7.48).  So far, he likes throwing it at the walls in the house to see it pop open.  I, however, do not like the dents it makes and have issued a Royal Decree that only soft toys may be thrown at the walls.  See? I'm not completely heartless. Here are their toys:



And here are closeups of the other items:

Wrapping Paper

Pre-lit Tree

Belle Ornament - She's my favorite Disney Princess!
The total was $19.76, minus the $10 Rewards and plus tax, leaving a grand total of $10.44.  And according to my receipt, I saved $78.11!

YAAAAAY ME!!!!  

What was the best after-Christmas sale you found this year? Let me know in the comments! And as always, thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I know that you asked for this year......mine was about 4 years ago. It all started when I put up my prelit tree. I always make sure that the lights work before I assemble it all together. They did at that time....a few days before Christmas it would not light up. I had to take down all the ornaments that were hung and examine each bulb. I worked my way from the bottom of the tree to the top of the tree. No bulb was missing. It must have been a short in the wiring, which I had no idea on where to begin with trying to fix that. I went out searching for trees and they were all so expensive and with only a few days before Christmas I decided to wait for Christmas sales. So, I bought some lights and decorated the tree again. The day after Christmas my pretty prelit tree went up to Tree Heaven (a.k.a. Rumpke). Then, I went to JCP to return something and it hit me smack in the face (literally, the branch hit my face). I saw a CLEARANCE SIGN! The multi-colored prelit tree (only 1 left) was marked $459.99, then had a 70% off sign above it. JACK POT, $138 dollars! I was in Heaven. I took it up to the lady at the register to buy it and when she rang it up she said it will be $58.00. SCORE! I had a 20% off coupon and a $10 reward, I walked out paying under $40! I did not even get the tree out of the box after the purchase. I just brought it inside and put it in the closet with the rest of the Christmas stuff. Next year rolls around and as I turned on the Christmas Tree it was white lights only! I knew the box said multi-colored lights, just knew it. I pulled out the box and it said all white lights. I picked up the wrong box but in the end I love my tree and I purchased a beautiful tree!

    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an awesome deal! Congrats! I wonder if you got the tree for such an amazing price because you grabbed the one with white lights? I'm shopping with YOU next year!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will be writing back soon, so check back later for a reply!