Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Citrus Lane February 2013

My last Citrus Lane box... ah, so bittersweet.  It was one of my first subs, and I got a great deal on Groupon for three months.  That covered November, December, and January.  Then, I was able to locate a half-off code for this month.  Yup. I'm the cheap mom.

For $12.50? Sure.  For $25? Hmmm... nah.



Actually, that's my problem with this sub, and also why I cancelled.  It's a great deal at half-off. But for me, the value just isn't there at $25/month.  Don't get me wrong, I loved December's box.  But one of my favorite things about subscriptions is discovering something new.  And there's really nothing innovative or unknown to me in these boxes.  So, adieu, Citrus Lane, it's been fun.  But I can always hit up the clearance section at Kohl's to find new toys and books for the kids! (Seriously, I got three books there for under $10 last week.)

I did want to let you guys know that Citrus Lane now offers boxes for kids up to 5 years old.  This is technically a box for Knight (and since Dragon got the last three, I figured it was about time!).  So when you're looking at these items, keep in mind they're supposed to be for a 5-year-old, not a 3-year-old.

As always, a lot of the fun is in getting the box in the mail.  And putting mustache stickers on it in photo editing.

Hello, there, little lady...


I (for once) managed to stay spoiler-free this month!  The only thing I knew was that there was something musical inside, from a random Facebook hint.  So I opened it up to find...

Pretty Horses!  Yay!

A book!  I love books, and unlike that crazy tractor thing from last month, I love the artwork on this one.  So hooray for that!  It's called Wild Horse Winter, and it retails for about $7.  It's written and illustrated by Tetsuya Honda, and the paintings throughout are GORGEOUS.  Knight immediately grabbed it and started flipping through.  It's definitely a book for school-age kids!

It's a bit curled up from shipping, but it flattened out.

Next was a big, shiny, tambourine! Made by Hohner, it retails for about $10.

Sweet, they figured out how to package headaches!

Yeah, Dragon got ahold of this one and went tearing around the house.  Jingle, jingle, jingle.  Jingle jingle. (up the stairs) Jingle jingle jingle jingle jingle. (down the stairs).  JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE.

AAAAAAARRRRGGH!

It's taking a time-out in the toy box right now.  It knows what it did.

In honor of dental health month, they put (age-appropriate) toothpaste in all the boxes.  Actually, I think ours is aged a bit under where it needs to be, but I like that it can be swallowed, because no matter what I do, Dragon always swallows his toothpaste.  So this was a good inclusion.  The Branham All-Natural Toothpaste is worth $5.70.

Brush them teefers!

I do have to hand it to Citrus Lane in their packaging.  The next two items came individually sealed in little Ziploc baggies, which is just such a great idea.  More companies should do it.

Awesome.  

The first item is a travel-sized bubble bath by Dolphin Organics.  This size is worth $2.50, and is unscented.

Not my favorite kind of bubbly... *wink, wink*

The boys love a good bubble bath, but we do usually use fun, scented, colored bubble-baths with cartoon characters on the bottle.  I'm interested to see if this all-natural alternative is better at keeping the boys' dry winter skin at bay.  We shall see!

The last item is the "Mommy Extra" they include in every box.  It's a full-size bottle of Pangea Organic's Discovery Toner (retail value $12).  It's a nice touch, and I'm looking forward to using it, but it has been years since I've used toner!  I forget how!  However, I did just get some organic skincare samples from Jouer, and I may try a week of organic, all-natural skincare to see if it makes a difference!

If I spray this on my tummy, will it tone that too?

So, that's my last Citrus Lane box.  I will still be checking out reviews from other bloggers each month, and I'm thinking of getting both boys the December box for Christmas!  But for now, I'm going to say goodbye, and maybe make a fun little "box o'stuff" for the kids each month made from things that I buy.  Because no one knows my kiddos like me!

Love, Leigh

Disclaimer:  I purchased this box with my own money.  Citrus Lane neither requested nor compensated me for this review.  All opinions are honest and entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will be writing back soon, so check back later for a reply!