Sunday, February 17, 2013

Schick Hydro Razor Review

Aaaah, free stuff.  Is there anything better?  A few years ago, I found out about this awesome program called BzzAgent.  It's one of those win-win things.  They provide products (either free or deeply discounted) to their agents, and ask for honest reviews.  The agents win (helloooo, trying new fun stuff!), the companies win (they have a whole slew of us out there talking up their products), and BzzAgent wins for making everyone happy!



Some of you might have read my review on the TruMoo milk a few weeks ago.  That one was mainly for my kids.  This time, I got something fun to try!  The Schick Hydro Silk Razor!  Now, remember.  I'm a mom.  I'm usually in-and-out in the bath aisle, grabbing whatever two-blade razor happens to have the deepest discount this month.  So getting a 5-blade razor with moisturizing serum (so... I guess that's a thing now?) sounds pretty spa-riffic to me!

A few days ago, I got my fun box of goodies:

Coupons? Yay!
I got the razor, one refill cartridge, a little booklet that explained the product, and eight $5 off coupons.  The razor even came with a little suction cup holder thing for the shower!  Tres chic.  Also, one of the things I love about getting packages from BzzAgent is the fun little bee tape on the box!

This made my whole mailbox happy!
Of course, it took me a few days to get the free time for my new leggy spa experience, but it was worth it!  All 5 blades are my new best friends!  My shave lasted much longer than usual, and the moisturizing gel did great at keeping my legs from freaking out until I could get lotion on them (gotta love dry winter skin, right?).

However, BzzAgent does ask for honest feedback, and I do have one complaint.  The moisturizing strip/gel stuff, officially called the "Water-Activated Moisturizing Serum", tends to get a bit oozy in the shower.  Not so much when you're actively using the razor, but if you wash your hair first (like I do!  Put in your conditioner, pile your hair up, and let your hair soften while you shave your legs.  Genius, I know) then by the time you get around to leg shaving, the gel has already been "water-activated" by the steam in the shower, and it's kind of all over the place.  Which makes me think that the gel is going to run out long before the razor needs replacing.  It's no big deal to me, because it's still a much better quality razor than I'm used to, but I think it would be nice it if were less, you know... oozy.

So, that's the razor!  I do love it, and I'm rating it a solid 9 out of 10.  I've checked it out at a few retail locations, and now that I have the razor handle, blade refills aren't all that expensive.  It might just be worth it for that silky smooth feeling once warmer weather hits!

Did you get this BzzCampaign, or have you tried the Schick razor before?  What are your thoughts?

Love, Leigh

Disclaimer:  I was provided this razor for free.  BzzAgent did not compensate me for this review.  All opinions are open, honest, and all my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will be writing back soon, so check back later for a reply!