- I love watching Knight learn how to read. He's not taking to it naturally, and has to sound out every last letter, but hearing him say "puh-ahhhh-tuh.... pat!" is nothing short of amazing. I'm sure it'll click soon, and he'll be reading up a storm. And I can't wait for that day. I hope he enjoys reading as much as I do.
- Dragon has been super-cranky in preschool for the past few days. I think it's because they switched from learning about dinosaurs to learning about teeth (dental hygiene, healthy snacks, all that fun stuff) and he is just not happy about this new lesson plan.
- The boys' school had a celebration for the 100th day of school today. It was so cute! They each had to bring in a baggie with 100 of "something" in it (thank goodness for the bag of mini marshmallows I found late last night) and Knight came home with a construction paper crown and a "100 different things" snack mix. So cute!
- I really don't like the days when I don't get mail. I love mail, even when I get bills. I know, it's weird, but I just love walking to the mailbox, opening it up, and seeing something... anything in there. And on the days I don't get mail, I look like a crazy person, because I assume our mail carrier just hasn't been by yet and I walk out to the mailbox at least 5 times.
- Speaking of mail, I actually managed to go to the post office today with the boys, and they behaved! Normally, I try to go there when the boys are in school. For some reason, the post office drives them crazy - I think it's the confined space combined with nothing entertaining to look at. I'm pretty pleased with both them and myself (Because obviously, it's my great parenting skills finally kicking in!).
- I can't watch anything intense or scary right before bed. If I do, I dream about it all. Night. LONG. I'm running from murderers (Bones/NCIS), running an election (West Wing), or just plain running (I have no idea which show brought that on, but not cool, Sandman. Not cool.). I have to watch something humorous and/or light-hearted if I want a good night's sleep. Lately, it's been either Mythbusters or Dirty Jobs. Thank goodness for back episodes on Netflix!
- I'm beyond excited for my first giveaway. I'm up to 34 likes on Facebook, only 16 to go before I start up RaffleCopter! Check out the Contest Post for details!
Sorry it's nothing coherent today, it's just been... one of those days. I should be back tomorrow with something better. Especially if I get something exciting in the mail!