Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday Night Nails

That's right, it's time for another exciting installment of Saturday Night Nails (Special Holiday Edition)!  I felt like doing something special for St. Patrick's Day, but I have absolutely zero talent for nail art.  So I'm doing the "accent nail" trend.  You know, the one where you paint your ring finger a different color than the rest of your nails.  Which, since I've heard of it, now means the trend is officially over!  I think it goes without saying that if you're stopping by here for the latest in fashion news, you're in the wrong place.  I'm more the "march to the beat of my own drummer" fashionista anyway!

Ok, now that I've stressed my complete ignorance of fashion, I bet you're just so excited to see my gorgeous work!  Here you go!

Ta-daaaaaaaah!

This is inside, without flash.  I have been loving my Color Club polish in Wild Cactus from my February Birchbox!  For some reason it always photographs as a blue-ish/teal color, but I assure you, it's a lovely emerald.  I used Mary Kay's Gold Foil for my accent nail to complete the St. Patrick's theme!  Here's another shot indoors with a flash:

I think the green shows a bit better in this one!

In these shots, I don't have a top coat on, but I'll let Sally Hansen's Double Duty Base & Top Coat do its very best to protect my polish.  I'm not expecting much, as my manicures rarely last longer than a day.  Chasing after little ones is just too much strain on my poor nails!  And just because I know you're dying to see more, here's one final shot.  No flash, but directly under lamplight.

And once again, it looks blue.
My camera and I are going to have a talk.

Just because it's bugging me that you all can't see the awesomeness of this emerald color, here is a pic of the color from Birchbox's website.  All credit goes to their lovely photographers, and someone please let me know if using their pic is not ok.   Definitely not wanting to infringe on any trademark, etc., but I think they'll sell more of these polishes if I can show an accurate representation of the color!

There! Emerald Green. Told ya.

I hope you have a wonderful evening!  Where are you and your beautiful nails going tomorrow?




4 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I wanted to paint my nails last night. Never happened. Maybe tonight ;).

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you get to paint yours tonight! If you do an accent nail, take it from me and paint that one first. I tried to do it the other way around and kept accidentally painting in the accent nail with my main color. Derp!

      Delete
  2. Oooo, yes, I wore my Wild Cactus for St. Patty's day too! <3 I threw on some OPI's Oy, Another Polish Joke! on top of it and I received SO many compliments! It really is a fabulous green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh that sounds gorgeous! I saw so many ladies with green nails on Sunday. It's like we were all just waiting to bust out the emerald polish!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will be writing back soon, so check back later for a reply!