You know what time it is! Time for Thursday Thoughts, linking up with Ramblings of a Suburban Mom! Thankfully, it's been a good week. I needed one!
- I'm finally getting somewhere with potty-training Dragon! It's been a rough road. Knight was potty trained by now, but then again, Knight could talk. And he was/is, in general, a much more cooperative child. Knight loved sticker charts. Loved getting Hot Wheels for every 10 stickers. LOVED going to Chuck E. Cheese for his 100 sticker reward! (We're a big believer in rewards around here. In fact, I reward myself with Dark Chocolate M&M's every night just for making it through the day!) Dragon, on the other hand... doesn't care about potty training. Would happily wear diapers to his high school graduation. So any progress is huge for me!
- We got a video camera! We've taken little videos for years on our phones, but Knight has his first school play/musical tonight - "The Three Piggy Opera". And because my poor hubby can't make it due to a work conflict, I wanted to get the whole thing on tape for him! (Well, on memory card.) I just don't think my iPhone would last through a 20 minute performance. Of course, it will be quite a production as I attempt to simultaneously tape the performance and keep Dragon quiet. I'm going to pack LOTS of snacks.
- Our trip home has been postponed. Due to circumstances well beyond my control, we're going to be staying home for Spring Break. It will suck to not see our family, but gonna have to say I'm not unhappy about missing out on the solo w/kids road trip. Speaking of...
- One more day of school before Spring Break! I have to admit, I've been missing the little rascals lately. And, I'm totally looking forward to not waking up before dawn every day. Elementary school starts at 7:30 AM here! So next week will consist of lots of sleeping in, playing outside, and of course, Easter! And maybe a trip to the zoo!
- I have GOT to start using up some of these samples! I seriously have an entire drawer in my bathroom full of masks, cleansers, moisturizers, and makeup! It's a beautiful sight... but yeah, I may need to cut down on some subs. I just don't know how to choose from all my precious babies!
- NOTHING HAS BROKEN DOWN THIS WEEK. Best week ever. (Please, karma, I'm not bragging. Do not feel tempted to throw a repair bill my way.)
- So many boxes are coming in next week! I have Starlooks, a Cravebox, a Fancy Box, my Goodies Box, and possibly a Happy Trunk for the kids all coming! Oh, and a trade with a MakeupTalk lady! I finally found someone who had the Mad Madame Juliette Has a Gun perfume! Everyone who got it in their Birchbox has been raving about it and I really wanted to try it before I just broke down and bought a bottle. Hooray!
- And lastly, I'm so happy to have my Dancing With the Stars back! I miss it so much when it's not on. This is the second season I'm watching on Hulu Plus instead of cable. So I can't vote, unless I just pick a favorite and cast all my votes without seeing the show, which is kind of cheating. But I am loving Kellie Pickler, Ingo Rademacher, and Zendaya Coleman. And can I just say how happy I am that Val Chmerkovskiy is not trying to melt the TV screen with his smoldering sexuality this season? Yes, dear, we get that you're quite the hottie, and your chemistry with Kelly Monaco was amazing, but I'm seriously happy you have to dial it back now that your partner is total jailbait.
Those are my Thursday Thoughts! What's on your mind this week?