It's that time again! You know, Thursday. It's time for Thursday Thoughts, brought to you by the fantabulous Ramblings of a Suburban Mom! I'm writing this Thursday Thoughts with my kids cuddled up next to me, because it's Spring Break! They've been total snuggle fiends this week, and I've been happy to oblige! After all, they're only young for a little while, and I'm taking every hug I can get to tide me over through their teen years! But, this means I am waaaay behind on writing box reviews. I have a Fancy Box, Goodies, Starlooks.... and I'm sure at least one other that I can't remember right now (and I can't get up to check. These kids have me on couch cuddle lockdown!)
- I did not realize how dirty my house was until I started doing some deep cleaning this week. I do all of the normal stuff each week (dishes/laundry/bathrooms/etc), but there's something about cleaning out the oven and dusting off the ceiling fans that makes me feel like a total slacker.
- I may have bitten off more than I can chew with Spring Cleaning AND "Potty Training Boot Camp" for Dragon. There have been a few "accidents" when I get too involved in scrubbing down a bathroom and forget to ask my stubborn baby if he has to pee every 5 minutes. Ah, the irony. Therefore, I'm putting off some of the cleaning for next week when the kiddos are back at school. See? I can prioritize!
- I'm definitely going to have to cut down on subs. I have so much beauty/personal care stuff right now that entire drawers in my bathroom have been devoted to my sub items! So far on the "keepers" list I have Ipsy, Birchbox, and Goodies. Those are my more inexpensive subs, and they never fail to deliver. Beauty Army and Glossybox are gone, and I probably won't renew Conscious Box after my 3 months are up. I'm waiting to decide on Love Club until Poppy Parcels (the takeover company) sends the first box. Starlooks.... I love it, but I really don't need more makeup! We'll see.
- If I do add any subs, it will be through "sales" and special offers, like the 3 month Happy Trunk deal I found on Plum District. I mean, I can't just pass up an amazing deal, right!?
- I'm totally annoyed by all of the "copycat" symbols for the Equality picture that's all over Facebook. Look, we get that everyone has an important social issue to campaign for, but make your own darn symbol instead of altering someone else's! (Although the bacon one is pretty funny) I'm only posting the more humorous takes on the issue... but we've all seen the ones advancing other agendas. Get your own graphic designer, guys. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... and I don't think that's what you're really going for, amiright?
|The Original - Source HRC|
|Beerquality? Source - Budweiser|
|And... now I want some bacon - Source Reddit|
-And of course, whatever your take on the issue of marriage equality, remember to keep the dialogue respectful. If you feel yourself getting heated, put down the Haterade and walk away. Your angry rants are a victory for the other side.
Whoooo, look at me getting all political! Don't worry, I'm stopping now. The kids are getting hungry... so I'm going to go hunt down some bacon! YUMMY!