Linking up with Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for Thursday Thoughts again! Here's what's going through my head today.
- I am loving a meme I saw today that said "Yay, it's almost Friday! Oh wait... I'm a mom." because it's so true! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but I am also loving the free time I have since they started school!
- I found a new "kids" sub in a Plum District deal last week. I felt bad for cancelling Citrus Lane, so I've been keeping an eye out for a box for the kiddos. So, for the next 3 months, we will be getting The Happy Trunk! This is more of a craft-based sub, and I'm hoping for some awesome science experiments or nature activities.
- I don't like it when my beauty subs pick guy-ish themes for the boxes. March Madness? Birchbox, I get you to help me forget about sports and hunting and manly stuff! Just send me my beauty samples and leave the sports stuff to Birchbox Man! kthanxbai!
- I have discovered trading samples through MakeupTalk and I am loving it! The risk you run with subscription boxes is not always getting stuff you like (I'm looking at YOU, February Glossybox). However, one man's trash/treasure and all that. I've done 3-4 trades lately and they have all seriously rocked my socks. I got rid of the evil snail mask, and got the Evologie acne treatment. I traded the Barbie blush (seriously, that's what they named it) from my February Starlooks box for this awesome mascara shield thingy, also from Starlooks. I'm going to have to post a pic, cause it's hard to describe. This wasn't a direct trade, but I got rid of the weird giraffe print Nail Rocks and got ahold of some black & gold Union Jack Nail Rocks! They were the one pattern I really wanted! So while yes, it does cost me a bit extra in postage to mail out trade items, it's totally worth it to have items I really want and will use.
- Oh yeah, and I got the Whip Hand Cosmetics Eye Pigment in Locked & Loaded in a trade, which means I have the complete "set" of the military inspired colors from the Whip Hand/Beauty Army collaboration! And I will be doing a look soon using Locked & Loaded (brown), Green Beret (green, duh), Special Forces (peachy/neutral), and Medal of Honor (metallic gold). Yay!
- I'm glad they elected a new pope. Mainly because now the news sites won't be flooded with pope articles. Best of luck, Pope Francis.
- I'm taking the kids and visiting family the week before Easter (Spring Break! Hooray!). And thanks to my new sub obsession, I now have so many trial sizes of shampoo/bodywash/shaving cream/hair stuff that my toiletry bag will be much lighter! Which, of course, means more room for shoes. I'm not looking forward to the 500+ mile drive, but it is getting easier now that the boys are older. The first road trip I did with the kids and without my husband, when they were 1 and 3, is forever unpleasantly seared into my memory. I'm hoping for an uneventful drive this time. Oh, and yeah, I should probably start packing, like now.
- The temperature here is supposed to go up 20 degrees over the next two days. Which can only mean good things for our electric bill.
- Oh, and the "me day" I mentioned in my post yesterday has been postponed til tomorrow. Mainly because I got a 20% off Kohl's coupon in my email, and it starts tomorrow. More stuff for the same amount of money? Don't mind if I do.
And that's what's in my noggin right now. What are your Thursday Thoughts? Join the link-up!